Friday, April 23, 2010

One Year Anniversary in Lincoln, Nebraska

This week marks my one-year anniversary of my move to Lincoln, Nebraska. I'm continually amazed at the way this friendly community has opened their arms to me. It's uniquely refreshing to move to a new community and to feel so welcome.

Lincoln is a beautiful city, with many little gems to be discovered. I've gotten to know some fantastic chefs, dined at excellent restaurants, and met some wonderful farmers. I'm encouraged to see more and more farm-to-table restaurants opening up and chefs cooking from scratch. And the local farmers markets are amazing.

We celebrated my anniversary with a huge birthday cake from Le Cartier Baking Company and an open house at Schaefer's Appliance Center.

Thank you, Lincoln, for the warm welcome. I look forward to making many more memories in this wonderful community.

The Haymarket Farmers Market

No comments:

Post a Comment