Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stuffed Bread With Roasted Tomatoes

I love fresh tomatoes. When I found out that Leon’s Gourmet Grocer had garden fresh tomatoes on sale to celebrate their 70th anniversary, I decided to make something special. I picked out a whole bunch of Flavorinos (like Roma tomatoes) and roasted the tomatoes and garlic, along with some olive oil and my Judy a la Carte spicy seasoning from Bandiola Spice.

I mixed up some dough, using half white and half whole wheat flour, let it rise twice, and rolled it out into a large rectangle. On top of that I spread the roasted tomatoes, sprinkled it with fresh mozzarella cheese, and rolled it up. For an additional treat, I took another piece of dough, spread a good country mustard on top, layered black forest ham, cheese and stuffed olives, and rolled it up in the same way. I baked them both in the oven until they were golden brown.

This is one of my favorite dishes because you can slice it for an hors d’oeuvre, especially if you have a number of guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment